Connected to the Community and the Region
In the Heart
Nestled between Boulder, Denver, Greeley and Fort Collins, Dacono provides access to all that Colorado has to offer.
The Denver-metro region is home to one of the fastest growing millennial populations in the country. For Dacono, this means access to an educated workforce with modern-day tech know-how that contribute to a vibrant and relevant community. (Brookings Institute Report)
A Vibrant Economy
Dacono is a growing community in the heart of a thriving Colorado economy. It is located in Weld county, the third fastest-growing county in Colorado. We encompass 8.2 square miles and have plans to expand to 22 square miles. Housing is accessible with median home prices of $305,600. New homes are being built and can be customized to meet a range of tastes, lifestyles and budgets.
Live. Work. Breathe.
In Colorado you can’t help but be invigorated by our beauty and surroundings. Here we take deeper breaths and exhale longer. Our work-life balance creates a workforce who is happy, healthy and energized.
Get Out and Have Some Fun
From football to basketball, baseball, hockey and soccer, Colorado’s six professional sports teams deliver on mile-high entertainment! Dacono’s close proximity to Denver provides endless opportunities for sports enthusiasts. With six professional sports teams—Denver Broncos football, Denver Nuggets basketball, Colorado Rockies baseball, Colorado Avalanche hockey, Colorado Rapids soccer and Denver Barbarians rugby, there is always an action-packed game only 30 minutes away.
A State of Recreation
Colorado is a state known for its outdoor recreation.
- Fishing. Colorado is home to 1,300 lakes and reservoirs and 6,000 miles of streams.
- Hunting. With the recent addition of 100,000 acres, Colorado now offers 580,000 acres for hunting and fishing.
- Outdoor Adventure. No matter the season, Colorado’s mountains, wilderness areas, state parks, national parks, scenic byways, lakes and rivers beckon those looking for unparalleled scenic beauty and perhaps a little adventure.
- Camping. Colorado has thousands of campsites where you can pitch your tent, park your RV, or rent a cabin. Breathe the fresh air and hike, bike, or sail. It’s up to you! There is no lack of outdoor adventure near Dacono.
- Motorcycle Touring. With 26 Scenic and Historic Byways, some of the most majestic scenery in the country can be seen from the seat of a motorcycle.
- Mountain Resorts. Many of Colorado’s 26 mountain resorts are within two hours from Dacono. They offer everything from skiing and snowboarding, to biking, hiking, fishing, rafting and every conceivable outdoor activity.
- Cycling. Biking takes all forms in Colorado from road, mountain and gravel bikes to e-bikes, fat-tire and even the random unicycle. Cyclists from all over the world come to Colorado to experience its amazing and scenic on and off-road routes.
Actually, there is a lot that’s brewing. In fact, Colorado has one of the largest concentrations of craft breweries—more than 10 percent of the nation’s craft breweries can be found in Colorado. And the Great American Beer Festival, the largest domestic beer festival in the United States, is held in Denver each year. Nearby, Fort Collins and Boulder are particularly well-stocked with breweries and beer- related events.
Modern Shopping, It’s an Experience
Within approximately 15 minutes are any number of shopping and retail experiences, including:
- Denver Premium Outlets. Known for its shopping experience, the recently opened Denver Premium Outlets takes its inspiration from the Rocky Mountains, features popular designer brands, a one-of-a-kind dynamic and interpretive play experience for kids.
- Orchard Town Center. This open-air retail and entertainment district includes more than 90 specialty retailers, an AMC theater and dining that includes everything from bistros to burgers.
- The Grove. Located next to Orchard Town Center, The Grove features Cabela’s as its main anchor.
- Larkridge. Known for its outdoor pedestrian mall, this shopping destination includes local retailers, big box stores, and is home to Colorado’s newest Topgolf facility.
- Furniture Row. If you are looking for quality, designer-inspired home furnishings, you will find them in Dacono at Furniture Row.
- Forty-five minutes from Dacono is a new outdoor retail experience at Scheels. This regional attraction includes aquariums, arcade games, ferris wheel, casual restaurant and all of the gear, shoes, clothing, or equipment you will ever need for your outdoor adventure or recreation!
Dacono is a Smart Choice
Dacono is located in two top-rated, award-winning school districts–Weld Re-8 and St. Vrain Valley School District. This provides Dacono residents with educational opportunities at eleven schools including preschools, charter schools, elementary schools, a preK-8 and Frederick High School.
St. Vrain’s prestigious K-12 Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) program uses the Stanford University Institute of Design’s “Design Thinking” approach. This approach has been praised for its ability to enable students to see how their efforts can impact the world.
Colorado is continually ranked among the most educated states in the country. Within the state there are:
- 19 four-year colleges and universities with 39 campuses
- 13 community colleges
- 22 junior colleges
- 470 public, private, technical and occupational higher education institutions
- 24 state-wide federal research and development laboratories